Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vegetable suggestions?

I'm looking for new ways to incorporate a vegetable with meals before I turn into a giant tomato. I never realized how salty some tomatoes are, but if you eat enough of them you start to appreciate the unique differences in each tomato variety. Grape tomatoes? Not as salty.

If anyone has a vegetable plan that works for them without causing too much, shall we say, ahem, gas, I would love to hear about it. Raw broccoli tastes good and is easy, but is too rough for me.

Any veggie suggestions? I can't seem to get past tomatoes, broccoli or carrots eaten totally boring as a side.


3 comments:

  1. I am stuck on celery and Peanut Butter in the morning or carrots and PB. I love PB as you can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One veg dish that I love to eat is to take a head of cauliflower and place it into a glass pie plate. Then cut up broccoli and place it around the edge. Cover with seran wrap and microwave for 10-15 minutes, until tender. You can make a sauce for it from 1/2 c lite miracle whip, 1/2 c lite sour cream, 1 tsp mustard and 1 tsp dill weed. I just love this dish, I could eat it every day.

    I also love cut up cucumbers, I eat them almost every day as well.

    One tip from my sister-in-law (who lost and has kept of 80lbs) is to just add more veggies to every dish you make. I heave found that mushrooms and zucchini taste well in most things.

    About the, ahem, gas. I'm told that it goes away once your body gets used to the additional veggies and fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll look forward to that! Thanks--I've gotta try something new.

    I find that with all the vegetables, my stomach feels different. Not as hungry in general. like I'm full.

    ReplyDelete