Hi Everyone, I've been gone for a while and it was SO nice to be back at church today. I thought I'd share a recipe with the group. This is one of our favorites and if you don't add chicken I think it can count as a vegetarian meal with the beans and corn. But either way it's yummy and tastes like Summer to me (and reminds me of Dallin's birth, but that is because someone in my ward brought this to us for dinner one night - ha!).
Mango Chicken Salad
1/2 head of lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
1 chicken breast, marinated in teriaki sauce for an hour
8 oz Jack cheese, grated
the salsa
1/2 a mango diced
1/2 an avacado diced
1/2 a can of black beans
1/2 a can of white corn
dressing
1 cup of sour cream
1 pkg ranch dip mix
--or I just use ranch dressing
Grill (or broil) the chicken breast and cut into strips. Mix all the items for the salsa in a medium size bowl. To serve put salad on your plate, top with the salsa mix, chicken, cheese and dressing. You can eat this with tortilla chips if you desire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I can hardly wait to try this new dish! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI made this. It was really good. You wouldn't think to put this combination together, but it worked. I might add toasted almonds next time for something nutty.
ReplyDeleteWe didn't have teriyaki sauce, but you can make it at home: soy sauce, garlic, vinegar and sugar. Then soak the meat in it.